Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
I was searching for a special cookie recipe and found this one on the PEI website, it was submitted by Shelley McKenna, Kensington PEI She says "This is the best recipe, and I often get requests for it."
- 1 cup softened margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together sugar, margarine, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chips, mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 13 minutes.
- Note: depending on the size you make your cookies, the yield can be different than posted!
These are really good. They are slightly crispy around the edges, and I love how they 'crackle' as you bite into them. Firm in the middle, with great flavour. What I did..... - used a 300 gr bag of chips which is about 1-1/2 cups. - didn't have quite enough brown sugar, used just under the 1-1/2 cups called for, and it was light brown. - used a 1 tbsp scoop for the dough. The first two batches I just dropped on the cookie sheet, the following batches I rolled them in my hand and then pressed down with two fingers. - they measure approx 2-1/2 inches in diameter. I ended up with 5-1/2 dozen cookies. They took 15 minutes in my oven. Thanks Elly for posting.