Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the best easiest chocolate chip cookie, ever and boy is it delicious. We have a friend who is a professional chef and he loves these cookies and has no clue how easy they are.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (This does make a difference)
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate bit
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- Drop in rounded teaspoons on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until centers are light brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
I tried these with non-Duncan Hines cake mix on Thanksgiving and thought they were ok, but seemed to have a bit of a powdery texture. I didn't want to rate them because I subbed the cake mix. I made them again last night with what I *thought* was the right cake mix...the only yellow cake by Duncan Hines at my store was called "Butter Recipe Golden", so I got that. The result of this was not much better so I figured this recipe just wasn't meant for me. Then I went on Duncan Hines site and saw they do have "Classic Yellow"; my store just doesn't carry it. I wanted to post my experiences with this since obviously the right cake mix does make a difference. I WILL try again when I find the right cake mix!