Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delightful cookie I adapted from several others, until I came up with my own personal version. People usually gobble them right up!
- 4 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 pinch nutmeg or 1 pinch mace
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (no margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Sift together first six ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and crisco.
- Beat in sugars, then eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Drop a round ball about the size of a super ball (I use a number 40 scoop) onto cookie sheet.
- Flatten to a disc shape.
- Bake at 375 for 8 min or until VERY LIGHTLY browned around edges.
- Let cool on cookie sheet abbout 1 min before moving to a cooling rack.
This is a great choc-chip cookie and I mean chocked full of chips. I too love the different spices added for a different twist-up. Fabulous tasting all around and one I will be making again. I omitted the walnuts per fam's choice. Thanks a bunch Liz. Made for 123-Hits!
Delish! I skipped the crisco, I try to avoid it. http://www.westonaprice.org/motherlinda/fats_crisco.html . I did add just a touch of canola oil. It could be skipped and still be delish! I did use 1 1/4 cup walnuts. Didn`t want to save the last of the nuts so into the dough they went. I used 4 1/2 cups sifted flour. Measuring after sifting. Didn`t flatten the cookies. I like them full looking. Thanks.
These were the most awesome holiday cookies we have ever tasted! you should be selling these! (we used pecans instead of walnuts though) Thanks LizAnn!