- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter (Smart Balance)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce (enough to equal 1 egg)
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet vegan chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 370 Fahrenheit.
- Beat sugars, margarine, vanilla, and applesauce together in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. (Dough will be somewhat stiff).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until light brown.