Shannon Holmes's Note:
I never actually make these in a jar as gifts, I cook them and give them away, people love them, they are great at potlucks/fund raisers/family get-togethers :)I found this recipe on www.recipegoldmine.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients into the jar.
- 2Attach a gift card with the following instructions:.
- 3Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- 4Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- 5Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine or shortening in a medium bowl. Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- 6In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 7Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- 8Stir in chocolate chips.
- 9Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 11I normally make 20-22 large cookies instead of smaller ones and bake them at 350 degrees F. I have made these vegan by using 1 ener-g egg replacer, prepared instead of the egg with good results.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.6
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 171.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g