Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
I never actually make these in a jar as gifts, I cook them and give them away, people love them, they are great at potlucks/fund raisers/family get-togethers :)I found this recipe on www.recipegoldmine.com
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shortening (you can use butter or margarine but shortening makes the best cookies)
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients into the jar.
- Attach a gift card with the following instructions:.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine or shortening in a medium bowl. Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- I normally make 20-22 large cookies instead of smaller ones and bake them at 350 degrees F. I have made these vegan by using 1 ener-g egg replacer, prepared instead of the egg with good results.