Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is great and easy to prepare. I created the recipe from an old handed down recipe from my grandmother. I added a few different variations to it.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- in a small bowl combine flour baking soda and salt then set aside.
- in a large bowl cream butter,sugar and brown sugar until light.
- Then beat in eggs cinnamon and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in chips and (optional) walnuts.
- Drop by well rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until just golden brown (don't over bake).
- Then place several cookies in decorative bags.
- Great for gift giving. I sell my cookies and all are placed in cute and unusual gift bags!