Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Childhood memories! I misplaced this recipe and came cross it again thanks to my mom!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 3 cups flour (if using self rising OMIT soda & salt)
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Mix shortening, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until brown.
FANTASTIC!!! I had to FIGHT my way to the oven to get these out and stand over the cooling rack with a baseball bat to keep DH and DD out of these!!!! The flavor is awesome, to me if the dough can stand up on it's own against the chocolate chips you have a winner...this dough did a TKO to the chips and they were Giradellis!!! I have already been asked to make these again....a difinite 10 star recipe!!! It did take at least 10 minutes to cook and I let them sit for a minute on the cookie sheet before removing so they wouldn't break up...and I got just over 5 dozen using a heaoing teaspoon to put them on the cookie sheet.
This is the best choc chip cookie recipe that I've made by far!! My family lives this and they honk it's waaayyyy better than pillsbury:)