Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yet another recipe developed with love, for my son Jesse.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Cookies for Jesse recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, wholewheat flour works just as well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, freeze first to harden and retain their shape during baking
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together brown and white sugar, margarine and vanilla extract.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and soda and salt until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by heaped tablespoonfuls onto sprayed SHINY baking sheet.
- Bake 1o to 12 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Freeze really well.
I made these cookies because they sounded exactly like my husband: double chocolate and pecans. He really thought they were quite tasty but they weren't his favorite of the group that I made. I wish I could give this recipe 4.5 stars...