Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Yet another recipe developed with love, for my son Jesse.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, wholewheat flour works just as well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, freeze first to harden and retain their shape during baking
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped and lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together brown and white sugar, margarine and vanilla extract.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and soda and salt until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by heaped tablespoonfuls onto sprayed SHINY baking sheet.
- Bake 1o to 12 minutes, depending on your oven.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Freeze really well.
I made these cookies because they sounded exactly like my husband: double chocolate and pecans. He really thought they were quite tasty but they weren't his favorite of the group that I made. I wish I could give this recipe 4.5 stars...