Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe for these tasty cookies was given to me about 25 years ago by Robert Atkinson, one of my operators in Kenai AK, after he brought them to a company barbecue.
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup toasted shelled sunflower seeds
- Stir flour, soda and salt together, and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter with sugar, then add eggs, vanilla, milk powder and water, and beat until fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture, and blend well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, and sunflower seeds.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheets, and cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 60 cookies.