1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip Cookies - Betty Crocker's 1969 Recipe
My mom has used this recipe for 40 years now and it is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever had. The cookie is crisp around the edges and yet chewy at the same time. I will occasionally omit the nuts due to food allergies for those I'm feeding. I get alot of people questioning how all my cookies are the same size, I'm old school and will still use a teaspoon or tablespoon and my fingers to slide the cookie dough off the spoon. No need for fancy ice cream scoops if you don't want to. :) This will surely become a favorite of yours once you give it a try....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 158.51 ml shortening
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml margarine, softened
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans recommended)
- 340.19 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Mix thorougly shortening, butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 4Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 5Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- 6Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.
- 7*If using self-rising flour, omit baking soda and salt.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookies - Betty Crocker's 1969 Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1680 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1126.5
- Calories from Fat 572
- Total Fat 63.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 833.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 136.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 86.8 g
- Protein 12.9 g