This actually came from a no-name bag of chocolate chips that we bought while on vacation many years ago. Since then our house has NEVER been with out a cookie jar full of these. A friend one tols me she was horrified when she found our cookie jar <GASP> empty of these Chocolate Chip Cookies. She said one of these cookies always satisfied her cravings for any sweet things! :)
- 1 cup butter (brought to room temperature)
- 2 large eggs (brought to room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (I like Mexican Vanilla, more of a pure taste)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips (normally 1- 16 oz. bag)
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and then add sugars and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- In another large bowl add together Flour, salt and baking sode and combine.
- Add eggs to butter bowl and mix until combine. Do not over mix.
- Gradually add flour mix to butter bowl, about 3/4 of a cup at a time. Do not over mix, mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop small spoonfuls onto non stick baking sheets or baking sheets with silpat mats. Silpat will help them stay chewy vs crunchy (because we like 'em chewy).
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- After cooling for 2 minutes, transfer cookies onto wire racks for 10-15 minutes until cooled completely.
- Transfer to favorite cookie jar
- To make Ice Cream Cookies:
- If you add a scoop of your favorite Vanilla Ice Cream between 2 cookies and roll in jimmes - also known as chocolate sprinkes for you non-New England-ers you will have the worlds best Ice Cream Cookies EVAH!