Recipe by senseicheryl
This is the recipe from the back of the bag of Acme Brand Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Posting for safekeeping.
Top Review by focus karen
Wow. These were so much better than the " other " more popular brand bag that I usually use the recipe from. It calls for more brown suar, less white. A little more vanilla.... makes them so very good. I used margerine but they turned out brown and soft. They baked up pretty flat but we like them that way. The best part was the instruction to mix all the ingredients together at once, except the chips. So simple!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Into large bowl, measure all ingredients except chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix ingredients on low speed. Beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly before removed from pans onto wire rack.