This is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I've been using ever since I was given the recipe by a friend at work, who is an excellent baker! My kids love these cookies and request that I make them often!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together shortening and butter.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2-inches apart, onto baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Do not over bake!
- Cool slightly before removing to wire cooling rack.
- To keep cookies soft, store in an airtight container with a slice of bread!
I just finished baking this cookies, they're delicious. I followed the recipe exactly and they turned out really good, chewy inside, crispy outside. My husband and I loved them (he likes soft cookies and I like crispy cookies) It was a nice middle ground cookie for us.
I have been searching for a recipe that gave me a moist cookie yet was firm not gooey. These are perfect!!! I made one alteration because I am an evil mother...I used 2 cups unbleached flour and 1 c whole wheat. But I don't think it really changes the recipe except to give it a slightly nutty flavor. On the last batch I added macadamia nuts and I may not share those ones with the children. This is my go to recipe!!!
This cookie was delicous. Firm yet chewy with that classic chocolate chip cookie taste. They didn't last long in my house.