This is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I've been using ever since I was given the recipe by a friend at work, who is an excellent baker! My kids love these cookies and request that I make them often!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together shortening and butter.
- Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2-inches apart, onto baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Do not over bake!
- Cool slightly before removing to wire cooling rack.
- To keep cookies soft, store in an airtight container with a slice of bread!