Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
This is our "perfect" chocolate chip recipe--based on the BH&G recipe. Cooking time includes chill time. (Note: 1/8 cup of flour is 2 Tbs and 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips are 15 oz.)
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 1⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time until well combined.
- Mix in vanilla and rum extract until well combined.
- Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda until well combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Chill for at least 90 minutes or as much as 24 hours.
- For each cookie, scoop out about 3 Tbs of cookie dough and form into a ball.
- Bake on (greased if you aren't using parchment paper) cookie sheets in a preheated 375 degree F oven for approximately 12-14 minutes or until tops of cookies are golden.
- Eat warm or cool on cookie sheets before storing in your cookie jar!