Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A family recipe, tweaked and perfected over time. Don't overcook if you like chewy cookies!
- 236.59 ml buttery flavored Crisco
- 177.44 ml brown sugar, packed
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml quick oats
- 340.19 g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together Crisco, brown sugar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and water.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium size bow, then gradually add to the sugar and egg mixture in the large bowl.
- Stir in the quick oats 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add the chocolate chips, and stir to combine evenly.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Keep the remaining dough relatively cool during the baking process to avoid excessive spreading in the oven.