A family recipe, tweaked and perfected over time. Don't overcook if you like chewy cookies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream together Crisco, brown sugar and sugar in a large bowl.
- 3Add the eggs, vanilla and water.
- 4Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium size bow, then gradually add to the sugar and egg mixture in the large bowl.
- 5Stir in the quick oats 1/2 cup at a time.
- 6Add the chocolate chips, and stir to combine evenly.
- 7Drop in spoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- 8Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- 9Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- 10Keep the remaining dough relatively cool during the baking process to avoid excessive spreading in the oven.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 17
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.0
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.8 mg
- Sodium 225.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g