Recipe by WildLightning
A family recipe, tweaked and perfected over time. Don't overcook if you like chewy cookies!
- 1 cup buttery flavored Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together Crisco, brown sugar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and water.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium size bow, then gradually add to the sugar and egg mixture in the large bowl.
- Stir in the quick oats 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add the chocolate chips, and stir to combine evenly.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Keep the remaining dough relatively cool during the baking process to avoid excessive spreading in the oven.