Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe on a box of Tops supermarket Harvest Original cereal. This type of cereal is just like Life brand cereal. I have not tried this recipe. Posting for future use.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1stick)
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups tops brand friendly harvest original cereal (Life cereal can be used)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat sugars, butter and peanut butter until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour and baking soda. Add to butter mixture; mix well. Add cereal and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop by level tablespoons 1 1/2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Let stand 1 minute before removing to racks to cool.