Recipe by **Jubes**
An old family favourite - recipe can be easily halved
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I used Splenda sugar substitute for the white and brown sugar. The dough was dryer than what I was used to, but that could of been because of the Splenda. The cookies didn't spread at all during the baking process. The end result was a lighter, delicate cookie that tasted like a shortbread cookie with chocolate chips and walnuts. Very, very yummy and excellent with coffee or tea. I shared some with my in-laws, son and co-workers and everyone loved them. Thanks for another great recipe, Jubes. Made for September 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 250 g butter, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 250 g chocolate chips (8 oz)
- 120 g chopped macadamias (can use pecans .or walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 190°C and lightly greas biscuit/cookie trays.
- Cream togeth the butter, sugars and vanilla using an electric mixer.
- Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate chips and the chopped nuts. Mix well.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of mixture into small balls.
- Place on lightly greased oven trays , flatten slightly . Allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on the trays and then cool on wire racks.