Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and tasty for those who like chocolate.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces real chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1. Cream together butter/ margarine, sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs.
- 2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing until well blended.
- 3. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 375 degrees farenhight for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Ran out of nuts so replaced these with dried apricots. The proportions of everything are spot on and the recipe is excellent for when your kids want to help out.