Recipe by Honeybeee
They're good and so easy. A great favourite with kids.
Top Review by Loves2Teach
I loved these cookies!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!! I made a batch of these to send to my dh overseas. I also loved that they were not oily- i am hoping that they will ship better because of that! Thanks again! I know that I will have to make these again soon! :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl stir together flour, baking soda, and salt to combine thoroughly; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixer bowl combine butter and sugars; beat until fluffy and well blended.
- Beat in egg.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture until just blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts (if used).
- Drop by rounded teaspoons, placed well apart, onto lightly greased or nonstick baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are well browned (12 to 14 minutes).
- Cool on wire racks.