Top Review by amanda l b
While I thought these were a bit sweet for my palate, my 7 year old loves them and declared them "even better than granma's" (extremely high accolade!). Ours are quite crisp - and I'll spread them further apart next time as they spread quite a bit. Thanks for a hit recipe!
- 115 g butter, softened
- 70 g caster sugar
- 70 g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 140 g plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 175 g chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and sugars together in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Break the egg into the bowl and beat it into the mixture until smooth.
- Then add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Add the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda to the mixture, a little at a time, and stir everything together well.
- Now add the chocolate chips and stir them in until they are evenly spread through the mixture.
- Butter the baking trays and spoon small mounds of the mixture on them leaving quite big spaces between the mounds.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they are an even golden brown colour, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.