Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 115 g butter, softened
- 70 g caster sugar
- 70 g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 140 g plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 175 g chocolate chips
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and sugars together in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- Break the egg into the bowl and beat it into the mixture until smooth.
- Then add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Add the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda to the mixture, a little at a time, and stir everything together well.
- Now add the chocolate chips and stir them in until they are evenly spread through the mixture.
- Butter the baking trays and spoon small mounds of the mixture on them leaving quite big spaces between the mounds.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they are an even golden brown colour, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
While I thought these were a bit sweet for my palate, my 7 year old loves them and declared them "even better than granma's" (extremely high accolade!). Ours are quite crisp - and I'll spread them further apart next time as they spread quite a bit. Thanks for a hit recipe!
These are wonderful! Nice and soft and so cute! The only thing I think I'd change is more vanilla, and maybe having the recipe with cups rather than grams. Thanks for an amazing recipe!
These were lush! Only problem was that we ate them all in one go!