Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
This isn't your average chocolate chip cookie. This has a taste you have to eat to believe.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix both sugars, margarine and egg in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff).
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 3 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes (centers will be soft).
- Let cookies cool slightly, then remove from cookie sheet with a spatula.
I followed the recipe exactly and the batter was WAY too dry and crumbly. I still baked the cookies....didn't want to waste all the ingredients I had used.....but there needs to be some sort of moisture added to this. Cookies came out like baked cookie crumbs! :(
I made this recipe for my boyfriend minus the nuts. its really chocolatey but thats how we like them. its my new favorite cookie recipe :) thanks!
I made this recipe twice and they both turned out pretty good. However the dough was really crumby, and the cookies were rather dry, even when baked with the minimum amount of time. The cookies often broke coming off the sheet. They were definitely tasty, and I'll give them a third whirl... But next time I'll try adding less flour to see if it helps bring the dough together better.