Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
This came from Betty Crocker's Best-Loved Recipes cookbook and were a Spirit of Betty Crocker Contest Winner, they surpass any other chocolate chip recipe that I have ever come by. They come out large, thick and chocolaty. These are the type of cookies you find in a bakery, everyone will rave! You do have to drop them by 1/4 cup and watch them carefully for them to turn out perfect.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts, if desired (optional)
- 1 (24 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat margarine, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff).
- Stir in nuts (if using) and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cups about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with fork.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Carmen these are fabulous! We absolutely LOVE them. I followed your directions and they came out just like your picture showed. From now on this is the chocolate chip cookie for me. Thanks, Lisa
Excellent cookies - used 12oz dark chocolate chips and 12 oz butterscotch chips - nuts are definitely needed - thanks for posting this one
They were very good! They were a little big though! I only used 1 cup sugar and 1 cup brown sugar and did not use the nuts, but used 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips! Might try making them a little smaller next time!! Thank you for the recipe :)