Recipe by friedapple
this is a large recipe for get to gethers and church functions. It makes perfect cookies.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 8 teaspoons baking powder
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- first mix everything, except flour, chips, and nuts.
- while mixer is on SLOW speed, slowly add the flour.
- slowly mix in chips and nuts.
- bake at 375 degrees for approx 8 to 10 minutes. i usually get them out when the middles are just a tad bit under cooked. they will finish cooking the rest of the way as they sit, plus it ensures them to be soft. i also line my cookie sheet with parchment paper to cook them, for easy clean up, and you can slide the whole sheet of cookies onto the counter to cool.