Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Very easy chocolate chip cookie. No special equipment required (no creaming of ingredients). Very versatile dough and can add a number of different chips and mix-ins. From the Food Network's top 100 recipes of 2007.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Position oven rack in middle of oven. Heat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets.
- Melt butter, either on stovetop or microwave. Cool slightly. Whisk sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla in large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; do not overmix. Stir in the chocolate chips or desired mixins.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of the dough on prepared sheets. Wet hands and slightly roll the dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart on sheets. Bake until slightly golden brown and still soft in the center, about 12-16 minutes.