Recipe by happynana
I know, not another chocolate chip cookie recipe. After trying countless recipes (before zaar), I combined several and came up with this for my DH. He thinks it is a great cookie and told me I should post it. This is a sweet tasting cookie. These cookies freeze well. I usually make the whole patch and then freeze in freezer bags for DH.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup Quaker Oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet or bittersweet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream crisco, brown sugar, cream and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.
- Blend in eggs until well mixed.
- Whisk flour, salt and baking soda in separate bowl.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Add oats and mix.
- Add chips and mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, do not overbake. Cookies will continue to cook after taking out of oven. For my oven, I bake 8 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, remove and continue to cool on wire racks.