Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are the best cookies and the secret is the pudding mix! They are best straight from the pan.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream together shortening, butter, & sugars.
- Add eggs and mix together. Add vanilla pudding and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- In seperate bowl mix together the rest of the dry ingredients. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Add chocolate chips.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookies sheet or parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let sit on cookies sheets for 2 minute DO NOT OVERBAKE! If anything, unbake.
- I usually end up with about 8-9 dozen.