Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love making this recipe. I used to make it all of the time with my father and I hope to pass that on to others.
- 1 cup vegetable shortening or 1 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 4 ounces Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all of your "wet" ingredients in a large bowl. That would include your margerine, vanilla extract, eggs, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add and stir in your salt and baking soda. Make sure that your baking soda doesn't have any clumps that wouldn't taste very good to someone who got that cookie.
- Next, add your flour in small amounts and stir until all of the flour is inches.
- Now, add your chocolate chips you can add as many or as little as you want.
- Now that you have your dough use a teaspoon (one that you would use at the table) to measure the dough. Make a nice round ball and set it onto your pan. You'll want to have 3 by 4 rows.
- Lastly put them into your already warm oven and let them bake for 8-10 minutes; pull them out and you have just made chocolate chip cookies.