Recipe by Cookin-jo
These are the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. Use a cookie scoop if you can, and make them big... 2 heaping tablespoons. Adapted from the Bon Appetit cookbook.
Top Review by *Pixie*
Great cookies! I'm a cookie dough nibbler and the dough for this recipe is delicious! I used some vanilla that I brought back from my last vacation in Mexico and it was perfect in these. I made my cookies small and baked them for 9 minutes. These are not the gooey type of chocolate chip cookie, they have a lovely texture and just the right amount of chocolate chips. Hard to stop eating them, thanks for posting...
- vegetable oil cooking spray, such as Pam
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 3 baking sheets lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- Measure flour, baking soda, and salt into a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter in your mixer bowl until light, then add sugars until well mixed.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until barely combined. Take bowl from the mixer.
- With a wooden spoon mix in the chocolate chips until distributed.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoons form large round cookies and drop on baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then remove from pan onto a rack and cool fully.