Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
What everyone should be able to make when they feel like it :P
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, soda and salt and mix with a fork.
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and beat until fully incorporated. Stir in vanilla and honey.
- Add dry ingredients to the sugar mixture in two additions. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cookies all golden all over.
- Cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a rack.
These came out ok, but the dough was very crumbly and the cookies had a dry texture. I think the dry:wet ingredient ratio is off; I think these could definitely could use more butter. If these were posted as a low-fat cookie recipe, I could understand the lower butter and chocolate chip quantity but we didn't care for these compared to other chocolate chip cookies.