Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The custard powder and maple extract is what makes this cookie so special, you won't find this anywhere I developed this recipe for the company I work for! This recipe can easily be doubled :)
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This was the best chocolate chip cookie recipe! I made it into one big round cookie in a 10 inch springform and decorated it like a pumpkin for my daughter's Halloween party at school. The kids all voted it 5 stars! Thanks, Kittencal!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons custard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl beat butter with both sugars until creamy (about 3-4 minutes, no sugar granules should remain).
- Add in egg and maple extract; mix to combine.
- In a bowl combine the flour with custard powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture; mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets slightly then remove to wire racks to cool completely.