Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
The custard powder and maple extract is what makes this cookie so special, you won't find this anywhere I developed this recipe for the company I work for! This recipe can easily be doubled :)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons custard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Set oven to 350°F Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl beat butter with both sugars until creamy (about 3-4 minutes, no sugar granules should remain).
- Add in egg and maple extract; mix to combine.
- In a bowl combine the flour with custard powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture; mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets slightly then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
This was the best chocolate chip cookie recipe! I made it into one big round cookie in a 10 inch springform and decorated it like a pumpkin for my daughter's Halloween party at school. The kids all voted it 5 stars! Thanks, Kittencal!
If you have been searching for the PERFECT chocolate chip cookie, look NO further! These are soft, chewy, tender and have amazing flavor!!! The maple extract really makes it special. It took 15 minutes to bake instead of 8 for me. The only problem: I will probably eat so many, I will weigh 600 lbs by the end of the week! Yumm... the recipe is a keeper!