Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a little different from the regular chocolate chip cookie in that it has orange zest in it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add the egg, combine well.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add into butter mixture. Blend well without overmixing.
- Add chocolate chips, almonds and orange zest.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet, 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes until lightly brown and crisp.
- Let cookies cool for a minute on sheet then remove to wire rack.