Recipe by smns65
A slight twist on the traditional Tollhouse cookie. In the recipe I listed a 12oz. bag of chocolate chips but some people may find that's too much. Just add however much you want.
Top Review by williams5940
FINALLY!!!! A chocolate chip cookie that isn't too greasy and isn't too cake like!!! I love this cookie and my neighbors love it too!! I have made this recipe for a school fund raiser and a zillion times after!! Thank you Thank you sooooo much for posting this! Seriously the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. ( I have tried a ton)
- 4 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour Rice Krispies into a food processor with the metal blade and process until cereal is reduced to dust,and yes I do mean dust. Measure out 1 cup of the pulverized Rice Krispies. If you don't have enough to make 1 cup then just crush some more until you have 1 cup.
- Combine crush cereal with the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Beat in the 2 eggs and the vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoons full on to ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake about 10-13 minutes or until cookies are light brown around the edges and the centers of the cookies no longer look doughy. The actual time needed will depend on the type of cookie sheet used and how big you make the cookies.