Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe came from the back of a package of Crisco years ago, and it has been a favorite in my house for years. I use more chocolate chips than the original recipe calls for. (1 C to 1 1/2 C). For X-mas, use red and green M&M's for half of the called for chips.
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine Crisco, milk, light brown sugar & vanilla.
- Add 1 egg.
- in separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Gradually add dry bowl to mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tsp amounts onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 11-12 minutes.
These were delicious cookies. We really enjoyed the crisco in these cookies, makes for a unique flavor and a crisper cookie. They were crisp, tender and yummy. I used a blend of dark chocolate and dairy milk chocolate chips. Thanks so much for sharing this treat. I should tell you that I went out for an hour, when I came back there were only 6 cookies left, so I hid them and really enjoyed them.
WOUW!!!! I like Chocolate Chip Cookies, good sweet for dessert like snack sized.. yummy!!!