Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best chocolate chip recipe ever invented. We got it from Hersheys.com It's the best, we usually double ours though.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hershey's special dark chocolate chips (12-oz. pkg.)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and shortening in large bowl until well blended.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually beat into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.