My new favorite c.c. cookie. This "makes about 4 dozen chewy-crispy bakery-style chocolate chip cookies. They are wonderful!" Crispy the next day. Source: nielsenmassey.com shared by Renee Hartzler
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon nielsen-massey madagascar bourbon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Tropical Source brand semisweet chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, soda, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop with a #40 scoop (mini ice cream scooper) about 2" apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly; remove from baking sheet. Cool on wire rack.