Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My new favorite c.c. cookie. This "makes about 4 dozen chewy-crispy bakery-style chocolate chip cookies. They are wonderful!" Crispy the next day. Source: nielsenmassey.com shared by Renee Hartzler
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon nielsen-massey madagascar bourbon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use Tropical Source brand semisweet chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, soda, salt, baking powder and cream of tartar.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop with a #40 scoop (mini ice cream scooper) about 2" apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown.
- Cool slightly; remove from baking sheet. Cool on wire rack.
These are the BEST chocolate chip cookies I've ever made! I love to use cream of tartar in my cookies. It gives them a great taste. The previous recipe I used called for oil and butter but this recipe has it beat, by far. I didn't have the fancy vanilla so I just used pure vanilla extract. I also used Hershey's milk chocolate chips. I will NEVER use another recipe for chocolate chip cookies again. I have four teenagers and the entire batch of cookies is almost gone. I made made them about 3 hours ago. :)
These cookies are wonderful. The cream of tartar gives them their crinkly tops and the Neilsen-Massey vanilla their incomparable taste. They stay soft and chewy even the next day. I make these several times a week, a half batch at a time so we always have fresh cookies.
These are my absolute favorite, I had lost my receipe and am so happy to find this one, they are the most delicious chocolate cookie.