- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (slightly crushed)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or 10-12 minutes for a crispier cookie.