Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Alton Brown's "I'm Just Here for More Food" cookbook. It's a wonderful recipe. It's the first time I've ever made a cookie that didn't spread flat - a thick, chewie cookie. Terrific!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips (one 12-oz bag)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla into the cooled butter.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Scoop into large balls of 1 oz each, about 1 tablespoon - about 36 cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown - depending on size of cookies.
I trusted your introduction , and wooohoooo!! I , too , can now make a chocolate chip cookie without it spreading to the 4 corners of the earth! LOL Very easy to put together , my first batch came out more crispy than chewy, so the 2nd pan I put in for 2 minutes less ... and I got what I was looking for :) Thanks for posting my new chocolate chip cookie recipe!! :)