1 hr 30 mins
Home baked chocolate chip cookies with easy homemade caramel sauce with your choice of vanilla ice cream although we prefer Blue Bell. I've added the refrigerator time into the prep time for the cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1/2 cup Crisco (plain)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (real)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli)
- 1To make Caramel Sauce:.
- 2Using a medium sized sauce pan pour in the water and sugar. Over medium low heat continually stir using a rubber (not wood) spatula until sugar is completely dissolved. Approximately 4 minutes.
- 3Turn heat to medium high. STOP stirring and let mixture boil until it starts to turn a golden brown Approximately 6-7 minutes.
- 4Lift pan directly above the heat and swirl the pan around until the sugar turns a dark brown Approximately 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add butter, cream and 1/8 teaspoon salt and continue swirling until everything is mixed together. Using a spatula continue stirring until completely mixed. Let cool. Here's a hint when it comes to cleaning the pan of stuck on candy -- rinse out the pan with hot water first. Then add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup white vinegar and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2-3 minutes. Empty water/vinegar mix and wash normally. The pan will be completely clean.
- 6Place caramel sauce in a jar like a jelly or jam jar. It will stay good in the refrigerator up to 30 days.
- 7TO Make Cookies:.
- 8In a small bowl mix the flour, salt, and baking soda until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Set aside.
- 9Using a wire whisk attachment of a stand mixer, cream the butter and shortening on high until light and fluffy 1-3 minutes.
- 10Add both sugars and beat on high 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until fully incorporated.
- 11Switch to a paddle attachment. Add the chocolate chips and mix gently.
- 12Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- 13Touch test the dough. It should feel slightly sticky, but not much should stick to your finger. If it is very sticky add flour 2T (.5 oz) at a time.
- 14Using your hands, roll the dough into balls 1.5 inches tall (for bigger cookies see instructions above). Place on an ungreased cookie sheet 3 inches apart. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on each ball of dough.
- 15Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. You can hold the dough up to two days in the refrigerator or up to six months in the freezer.
- 1615-20 minutes before baking, position the oven rack to the second highest setting. Preheat the oven to 375.
- 17Remove the dough from the refrigerator and bake 8-10 minutes. They are ready to come out of the oven when they are domed and puffy, show a few signs of browning and look a bit underdone.
- 18Leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove them to a cooling rack so they will cool evenly. Wait ten minutes,.
- 19Place 2 cookies on each plate. Top with 1 scoop of ice cream and drizzle with the caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookie With Caramel Sauce Sundae
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.2
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 72.4 mg
- Sodium 419.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 54.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g