Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Got this recipe from Hersheys. Cookie on a stick, what funner way for kids to enjoy a classic favorite. Great for parties or bake sales.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips or 2 cups peanut butter chips or 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 2 cups quick oats or 2 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 24 wooden sticks (approximately)
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- candy sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl add flour,baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Combine butter,sugar,brown sugar,and vanilla in a large bowl, mix until creamed.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mixing well after each one is added.
- Add in flour slowly and mix until ingredients are combined.
- Dont over mix batter.
- With a large wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips, raisins and oats.
- Level dough in 1/4 cup measure and drop onto ungreased baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Shape into rounded mounds.
- Stick the wooden stick into the cookie to make it look like a sucker.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to let cool.
- Once cookie is completely cooled, you can frost the cookie.
- **Decoratingtips: Divide frosting and add a couple of drops of food coloring to batches to make it different colors.
- Frost them yellow and add add colored icing to make happy faces.
- For a bake sale or to make dress them up a bit, place them in pop baggies (can be purchased at craft stores) and tie a wrapping ribbon over the plastic and the stick.