Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
There are plenty of recipes for pudding poke cakes, but this variation is fun because it's like having both cookies AND cake!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 10 crushed chocolate chip cookies (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Prepare the cake batter according to the directions on the box, with the eggs, oil and water.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake as directed (23-25 minutes).
- While cake is still warm, poke holes all over. A chopstick is great for this.
- Prepare the pudding according to the box directions.
- Pour the pudding over the warm cake while the pudding is still runny (don't wait for it to set up).
- Cover and chill until the pudding is set.
- Sprinkle crushed chocolate chips on top.