Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A rich pie served best with French Vanilla Ice Cream.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl at high speed for 3 minutes or until frothy.
- Add the flour, sugar and brown sugar and beat until blended.
- Beat in the butter.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Spoon the chocolate mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let stand until cool.
This is definitely unique! I wasn't so sure the filling tasted like chocolate chip cookies - more like a butter tart filling chock full of chocolate & nuts. I served at Sewing Circle with some fresh whipped cream - every single guest said it was either "very chocolatey" or "too chocolatey" (didn't know there was such a thing!!) It was quite tasty!
This was so good and went fast in my house! I was going to make chocolate chip cookies, but didn't have enough flour! Found this recipe on the toll house bag and it was very easy to make and tasted wonderful! Just wanted to share my opinion so everyone knows how good it was!!
Made this exactly as posted after my daughter requested something sweet. This fit the bill. Thanks so much for sharing.