Recipe by UT Theta Chef
A very rich dessert, so a thin slice will satisfy a chocolate craving!!
Top Review by susie61
yum!! you're right, very rich, and a little bit goes a long way...however, as another poster mentioned, a little ice cream on top wouldn't be a terrible thing! think maybe next time (and there will be a next time), i might try a graham cracker crust instead.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream soft butter & sugars until pale in color and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla beating well.
- Add flour mix well.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Fill pie shell with mixture leveling out.
- Protect edges with foil.
- Bake at 325°F for 70 minutes.
- Remove foil for the last 15 minute of bake time.
- Can be served with a small dollop of whipped cream or a small scoop of ice cream I usually serve it plain.