Recipe by CindyMarie
I created this recipe the other night when I was craving a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. It could be served for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. My kids love it. It may not be as healthy as other versions of oatmeal, but it is much better than visiting the cookie jar when a craving hits. This recipe can easily be increased for multiple servings.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal (I use Quaker Old-fashioned Oats)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chilled chocolate chips (I keep my chocolate chips in the freezer)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, milk and salt to a boil.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Add oatmeal and vanilla.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. They will slowly melt as you eat the oatmeal.
- For a rich cookie flavor, stir in ½ teaspoon butter just before adding the chocolate chips.
- Note: Follow the directions on the oatmeal container for multiple servings, and increase brown sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips.