Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
my husband hates all muffins with the exception of chocolate chip. but he hates the standard chocolate chip muffin. therefore i modified my cookie recipe. enjoy!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl cream together white and brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Add the egg and mix well. Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy). Stir in 1½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Top muffins with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan.
This recipe seems to be missing something. . . like 2/3 cup milk? I mixed everything up as per the recipe and although it says it should be a little lumpy it was crazy dry and all lumps. I added 2/3 cup whole milk, extra chocolate chips, and filled the muffin cups all the way - Baked for 18 min. Delicious.