Recipe by Sin
my husband hates all muffins with the exception of chocolate chip. but he hates the standard chocolate chip muffin. therefore i modified my cookie recipe. enjoy!!
Top Review by tawnies s.
Why is this recipe on this site? It talk about a lumpy batter and instead you get an unworkable dough. Look at the ingredients. It's obvious it won't work. The commenters suggestion to add milk help. These will be edible. But the recipe is simply wrong.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate chips, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl cream together white and brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Add the egg and mix well. Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy). Stir in 1½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Fill cups 2/3 full. Top muffins with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan.