Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Great gift idea!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients into the jar.
- Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from calico.
- Place over lid and secure with rubber band.
- Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover rubber band.
- Enclose a card with the following mixing and baking directions: Chocolate Chip Cookies Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine in a medium bowl.
- Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.
- It helps to pack each layer down to make all the contents fit in the jar.
- These make great gifts!