Great gift idea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients into the jar.
- 2Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from calico.
- 3Place over lid and secure with rubber band.
- 4Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover rubber band.
- 5Enclose a card with the following mixing and baking directions: Chocolate Chip Cookies Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 6Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- 7Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine in a medium bowl.
- 8Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- 9In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- 10Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- 11Stir in chocolate chips.
- 12Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- 13Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 14Makes 4 dozen cookies.
- 15It helps to pack each layer down to make all the contents fit in the jar.
- 16These make great gifts!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (833 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.4
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 77.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 0.7 g