Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert is for people who like their cake and ice cream too.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate chip cookies (small ones)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- 2 quarts ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 12 maraschino cherries
- Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch Springform pan or pie plate. Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan.
- Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust.
- Freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop. After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.