Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
By: ARVILLALAR (allrecipes.com) "Vary this dessert by using different flavors of ice cream."
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate chip cookies, small
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 12 cherries
- Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate. Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan. Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop. After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
Super easy and very quick. My husband absolutely loves ice cream cake and begs me to make it all the time and I have always avoided it because I thought it would be too time consuming and difficult. My husband was a very happy camper when I pulled this out of the freezer after dinner tonight. It will become a common dessert in my house now that I know how easy it is to make. I think that you could easily change up the flavor by using different cookies, ice creams and ice cream toppings. Thanks for uploading this great recipe BajanDredi. Made for PAC Spring 2014.